The GOP establishment, which in the northern sections of the state has gone silent on U.S. Senate Candidate Rikin Mehta’s campaign manager’s viral college “N***ER” video.
We reached out to the candidate on Facebook and we were immediately blocked, with no response from Mehta, the lifelong Democrat turned Republican.
We reached out to NJ GOP Chairman Doug Steinhardt for comment and never received a response. We also reached out to Monmouth County GOP Chairman Shawn Golden for comment and our call was not returned. Monmouth County is the only shore county GOP organization to endorse Rikin in the July primary election. We also reached out to Jack Ciattarelli, who has publicly embraced and endorsed Mehta and did not receive a comment. Ciattarelli is running for Governor.
What we know:
- Monmouth University Student Brandon Kubinak kicked out of school for viral N-word video.
- Kubinak now works for Rik Mehta for U.S. Senate.
- Mehta endorsed by Monmouth County GOP Chair Shaun Golden and Monmouth GOP Republicans where incident took place.
- Mehta opponent Hirsh Singh calls for Mehta to drop out of race.
- Hirsh Singh, “No place for racism in the Republican party.”