Shore News Network Federal Trade Commission Affiliate Disclosure.
Last Updated 4-23-20
Shore News Network makes no endorsement of products, services or individuals, including political candidates and affiliate links which appear time to time embedded within stories. SNN, when applied provides these links as is, making no endorsement of products, services or individuals. Shore News Network is unbiased media with a socially conservative-leaning, so we’re told.
Affiliate Advertising Disclosure
SNN is a member of the following affiliate networks. All advertising is clearly marked as advertising with a blue triangle or “advertisement” warning.
SNN uses affiliate programs for monetization to help defray the costs associated with running a free website. It means when you click on links and images and make a purchase or sign up or apply, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. SNN makes no warranty of any products or services linked within ShoreNewsNetwork.com.
The purpose of this site is to provide news and views counter to America’s mainstream media.
Corporate & Political Campaign Advertising
Shore News Network also offers a service called PIO|Direct Access which enables businesses, government, political campaigns and outreach groups equal (and paid) access to airtime with Shore News Network. PIO|Direct Access is not an endorsement of a product, candidate or service, simply a press release and media access service provided to all entities.
Shore News Network does not discriminate or block any members of any political party, race, culture or religion from advertising on Shore News Network or in our print publications. Advertising with Shore News Network does not infer that SNN endorses any product, service or individual that advertises. SNN makes no endorsement of political candidates.
Neither the website nor the operators of the website, have no personal or business affiliation with any third party advertising entities, including commercial, religious or political advertisers and is not compensated for performance-based results of content or information.
You may also find links on this site to other affiliate programs and affiliations which may include but are not limited to Commission Junction, Infolinks, Amazon.com, Google Adsense or Outbrain.
Shore News Network adheres to a strict ethics policy when it comes to our news. Our news is never guided by anything but facts and truth.
- Fairness and Sourcing: SNN strives to credit and reveal sources and ensure fairness and accuracy in our reporting.
- Anonymous Sources: Anonymous sources may only be used to protect the source from retribution, criminal or political. Although we sometimes use anonymous sources, we maintain detailed records of conversations and interactions with those sources and we do make those records available to law enforcement if/when called upon.
- Use of Quotes: Quotes are never to be altered. Quotes may be truncated, but the use of “…” is mandatory to inform the user that the quote is truncated.
- Originality: News stories that rely on press releases and/or quoting other news sources will be identified as such and clearly within the article.
- Story Packaging: We have temporarily halted ‘bylines’ of reporters and newsgatherers because of doxxxing and harassment. If you wish to contact a reporter of an article, please now use firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you if possible and/or necessary.
- Fictitious names and events: We do allow our writers to produce satire and/or fiction pieces, however those pieces must clearly be labeled as such at the beginning of the article. All fiction writings are strictly reviewed by the editorial staff and few make the cut.
- Errors & Corrections: If you feel a news story has an error and is in need of a correction, please email email@example.com and allow us up to 48 hours to review and correct.
- Blogging: Occasionally we allow guest bloggers. Such blogging must clearly be labeled as “Guest Blogger” or with the blogger’s name in the byline.
- Press Releases: Press releases must be labeled clearly as such and tagged as “Press Release” in our CMS system.
- Advertorials: Advertorials must be labeled clearly as such and tagged as “Press Release” or “Advertorial”
- Opinions: We rarely allow opinion pieces and letters to the editor stating opinions, in fact, almost never. If we allow an opinion it must clearly be labeled as “Your News & Opinions”.
- Gifts: All gifts received by SNN are passed on to our readers in the form on online contest giveaways. No exceptions.
- Comps: We do not allow any of our employees or writers to be “comped” or receive special treatment in any way by a subject of a news article, food review, business review, etc.
- Credentials: All staff members must be properly credential by the NJPA and must identify themselves as working for SNN at any public or private event if they are gathering news.