Jackson Fire Caused by Improperly Discarded Smoking Material

JACKSON-A general alarm was dispatched this morning for a working structure fire that brought companies from Stations 55, 54, 56, 57 and Southard R.I.T. to a Jackson Township hope.

The fire began at the rear of a first floor porch and extended into the home. The inside of the home sustained moderate heat and smoke damage.

A hot tub on the first floor deck was completely destroyed by fire.

Jackson Fire Official Frank McDonnell and Ocean County Deputy Fire Marshal Brian Mount investigated the fire and ruled the fire accidental related to improper discarding of smoking material that ignited combustibles on the porch. There were no injuries.


Related News:  Jackson Police say "Don't call us about Great Adventure Traffic" and it's going to get worse

Photos by Jackson Bureau of Fire Safety.

1382243_722132144588861_3610231929621532517_n (1)12540700_722132131255529_8837244248308464783_n

Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the issuing agency or corporation. Please report any photo, copyright or intellectual property violations to news@shorewsnetwork.com.