Early Morning Fire Damages Mobile Home in Jackson

1 min read

At 3:08am on March 5, 2017 the Jackson Police Department received a 911 call regarding a structural fire at 109 First Street. First Street is in the Southwind Mobile Home Development off East Veterans Highway. Upon officer’s arrival, the sole homeowner and his dog were already outside the residence. The homeowner indicated he emptied his ashtray into the garbage can prior to going to sleep. About an hour later, the homeowner stated he was awoken when his dog Marley jumped on his bed to get his attention. After waking, the homeowner noticed smoke in the air, an orange glow coming from the kitchen area of the mobile home and the smoke detectors alarming. The homeowner was able to exit the mobile home through a bedroom window with his dog without sustaining any injuries.

Jackson Fire Companies Station 55, 56 and 57 responded along with Jackson First Aid. The Ocean County Fire Marshall also responded and assisted with the investigation. Jackson Police Officer Javier DeLaTorre, Officer Kafton and Officer Daniels responded and assisted. A portion of the mobile home development and East Veterans Highway were closed to all traffic until approximately 6:30am.

Photo: GoogleMaps/StockPhoto

Visit Shore News Network on Parler, Facebook and Twitter to comment @ShoreNewsNJ

Related News:  Philadelphia Boy, 12, Shot and Killed While Answering Knock on His Front Door
Previous Story

By cutting vets, Jets basically are starting over

Next Story

Dog Saves Man's Life in Jackson Mobile Home Fire

Latest from Blog