BRICK-A resolution to cancel nearly $42,000 in outstanding, uncollectable and unspent grant funding was presented at last night’s Brick Township council meeting.
Brick Mayor John Ducey explained the grants as matching funding, meaning the township would have had to match funds, but added that through community fundraisers and township funding, all police officers are currently equipped with bulletproof vests.
Ducey said that the town would have had to match those funds to buy vests that were not needed at this time.
The following grant receivable balances were canceled:
- Bulletproof vest partnership 2014 $16,179
- Bulletproof vest partnership 2015 $10,632
- Cops in Shops Summer 2017 $400
- Highway Safety 2017 $1,546
- MACADA 2016/17 $12,081
The following reserve balances as reflected were canceled:
- Bulletproof vest partnership 2016 $10,632
- Cops in Shops – Summer 2017 $400
- Highway Safety 2017 – $1546
- MACADA 2016/17 – $24,659