TOMS RIVER-The Toms River School District says its facilities are in need of approximately $142 million of repairs and has taken to the streets to present their proposal to the township residents.
Some of the work needed to done includes:
- repair and repaving of parking lots and driveways
- heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- door and window replacements
- improving accessibility through the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- school-based projects, like secondary science labs and elementary playgrounds
A series of school-based, Town Hall meetings got underway last night, Feb. 6, at Silver Bay Elementary School. Superintendent David Healy and Business Administrator William Doering presented to the school community about planned facilities projects and the upcoming October bond referendum, answering questions and gathering input for the district’s full proposal. Later in the evening, the discussion traveled to High School North; the full calendar of school meetings, which run through March 27, is available here.
If the school district cannot fit these improvements into the annual budget, they have the option to put the improvements out for a public vote by way of a referendum question in November’s election.
The district will host meetings to lobby residents in a district-wide roadshow that will take place at each of the district’s schools.
- February 8, 6:30 p.m.: West Dover Elementary
- February 8, 8 p.m.: High School South
- February 13, 6:30 p.m.: Pine Beach Elementary
- February 13, 8 p.m.: High School East
- February 27, 6:30 p.m.: Hooper Avenue Elementary
- February 27, 8 p.m.: Intermediate East
- March 1, 6:30 p.m.: South Toms River Elementary
- March 1, 8 p.m.: Intermediate South
- March 6, 6:30 p.m.: North Dover Elementary
- March 6, 8 p.m.: Intermediate North
- March 13, 6:30 p.m.: Beachwood Elementary
- March 13, 8 p.m.: Washington Street Elementary
- March 22, 6:30 p.m.: Joseph Citta Elementary
- March 22, 8 p.m.: Walnut Street Elementary
- March 27, 6:30 p.m.: Cedar Grove Elementary and ELC
- March 27, 8 p.m.: East Dover Elementary