NEPTUNE-On Thursday morning in Shark River, a resident was starting his snowblower when it began smoking and quickly became engulfed in flames. Police here said heavy, wet snow and can easily cause older or faulty snowblowers to malfunction. I
“n this case, the damage could have been much worse had the quick-thinking resident not pushed the machine into the road away from his home and vehicle,” the department said.
Once it was safely away from his home, the resident and off-duty Neptune Township Police Department P.O. Rosenthal utilized fire extinguishers to douse the flames. Strong work by the resident and P.O. Rosenthal for preventing further damage.