Arrest Made in Wildwood Memorial Day Weekend Shooting

1 min read

Cape May County Prosecutor Jeffrey Sutherland and Wildwood Police Chief Robert Regalbuto report the arrest of an individual related to a shooting that occurred in the City of Wildwood.

On Saturday, May 26, 2018, at approximately 8:50 P.M., members of the Wildwood Police Department Uniform Patrol Division responded to a report of shots fired in the 3800 block of Ocean Avenue, located in the City of Wildwood. Upon arrival of police units, the immediate area of the reported shooting was secured and contained.

During the developing investigation, members of the Wildwood Police Department Detective Division responded to the scene. It was determined that the reported shooting occurred in a commercial parking lot located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Spicer and Ocean Avenues, Wildwood.

As the investigation proceeded, investigators conducted a search of the immediate area of the crime scene where items of evidential value were collected, including one spent nine-millimeter shell casing/cartridge.

Throughout the investigation conducted by Detectives from the Wildwood Police Department and the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office, a court authorized search warrant was executed on a motor vehicle located at crime scene which was identified as having a nexus to the investigation. A search of this vehicle resulted in the recovery of a nine-millimeter semi-automatic handgun with additional ammunition in the magazine of the weapon. Pursuant to the detective’s investigation the following individual was arrested and charged.

Mikea Rivers, 24-year-old Black Female, employed as a data control technician, currently residing in the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was charged with the following criminal offenses: Aggravated assault (a crime of the fourth degree, 2-counts), Possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose (a crime of the second degree) and Unlawful possession of a firearm (a crime of the second degree).

Mikea Rivers was incarcerated at the Cape May County Correctional Center, awaiting a detention hearing following the standards set forth with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Bail Reform and Directives.