Fire Destroys Lakewood Catering Business; Two Firefighters Injured

/

LAKEWOOD (Via Lakewood Scoop)-An upscale Kosher catering company, Greenwald Caterers went up in flames Sunday night.  The Lakewood Scoop reported that neighbors smelled gas at around 7:30 pm and fire broke out around 8pm.  Nearby homes were evacuated and the fire caused an eventual roof collapse.  Two minor injuries to firefighters were reported.

Related News:  Central American Caravan of 6,500 Violently Break Through Police Lines in Guatemala, Heading Towards U.S. Border

Meir Lichtenstein, EMS Liason for Lakewood Township said the fire was burning so hot that firefighters could not shut down power in the building and had to call JCP&L to cut power to the neighborhood.  A shelter was made available on 8th Avenue and Princeton in Lakewood for those displaced by the fire.

 

Photos/Video by Lakewood Scoop.