Frankford- Delaware State Police arrested 26-year-old Devynne U. Hazzard of Millsboro on weapon and criminal charges following a traffic stop on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
At approximately 7:09 p.m., a trooper traveling southbound on Clayton Avenue observed a black Chevrolet Trailblazer pulling a car trailer with no registration plate displayed. A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle, and contact was made with the vehicle operator, later identified as Devynne Hobbs, and a male front seat passenger. Upon contacting the vehicle, a strong odor of marijuana was detected, and drug paraphernalia was observed in plain view. A criminal investigation ensued, and the occupants exited the Trailblazer. A search of the vehicle resulted in the following items:
- Drug paraphernalia
- Approximately 12.40 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 61.55 grams of marijuana
- Ruger 9E 9mm handgun loaded with 16 9mm rounds
- Approximately .97 grams of THC wax
Hazzard was taken into custody and transported to Troop 4, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm Within 10 Years of Prior Conviction (Felony)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (3 counts)
- Possession of Marijuana (Civil Violation)
- Expired Tags
Hazzard was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $133,901.00 cash bond.
The passenger was not charged with any crimes and was released.