Nevada Governor Boosts Masks Mandate, Limits Thanksgiving Dinner to 10 People as Shutdown Looms

//
Panoramic view of Las Vegas Strip as seen at sunset on July 4, 2019 in Las Vegas, USA. The Strip is home to the largest hotels and casinos in the world.

LAS VEGAS, NV – With the state on fire, Casinos hurting and COVID-19 spiraling out of control, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said he is not ordering a shutdown, but will cap the limit on private social gatherings to 10 and put his existing facemask mandate on steroids.  There will also be a two-week “pause” on business reopening. Sisolak orders follow those of many of his fellow Democrat governors across the state who are edging their communities closer towards a second lockdown.  Sisolak said he will meet with state health officials to determine the next steps to curb the virus.  Sisolak himself is currently in quarantine after contracting COVID-19 last week.  Under the new ruling by Sisolak, Nevadans and travelers will have to wear facemasks whenever they are in the company of non-family members.

Related News:  Donald Trump Jr. Just Destroyed the Pelosi, Schumer Impeachment Scam and Democrats

“As of today, 13 of 17 of our counties are flagged for elevated risk of transmission. At the beginning of October, only 2 counties were flagged. Our statewide positivity rate is at a record16.5 percent, and as I mentioned, we’ve surpassed 2,000 deaths,” said Democrat Governor Steve Sisolak. “I’ve been in constant contact with our public health leaders, economics experts, our vaccination preparation team and many others to assess our current surge and possible next steps.”

 

Last week, Sisolak declared a state of emergency in response to the Caughlin Ranch/Pinehaven Fire. The Governor’s declaration follows similar declarations from the City of Reno and Washoe County.

Related News:  Mitt Romney: We must impeach Trump to promote national unity
-- CONTINUE READING BELOW --

Declaring a state of emergency ensures resources from the local, state and federal level are available to assist as needed during this emergency.

“I want to thank all the first responders, local government agencies and nonprofit entities who have already stepped up to assist the community during this emergency event,” said Gov. Sisolak. “This truly reflects Nevada’s Battle Born spirit and our commitment to caring for one another in times of need.”