EDGEWOOD, CT – A Hartford County family has been displaced from their home after a Thanksgiving day kitchen fire damaged their home. The fire broke out at around 9:48 am on Thursday. The Office of the State Fire Marshall said smoke detectors and fire alarms were not activated due to their location in the home. The department estimated $70,000 in damage to the home. The fire was brought under control by firefighters within 20 minutes of their arrival. The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental. A total of four people are displaced and are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assitance and family members.
Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the issuing agency or corporation. Please report any photo, copyright or intellectual property violations to firstname.lastname@example.org.