HAGERSTOWN, MD – A fire in a detached garage in Hagerstown has been deemed accidental after a clogged stove pipe trapped fire and heat, allowing it to escape into the rafters of the structure’s roof, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshall. The building at 12219 West Lawn Ln, Hagerstown, Washington County was a 5 bay industrial and commercial garage. The fire was contained and extinguished by the Halfway Volunteer Fire Department. No injuries were reported, but over $100,000 worth of damage was done to the building and its contents. It took 37 firefighters 17 minutes to get the fire under control
Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the issuing agency or corporation. Please report any photo, copyright or intellectual property violations to email@example.com.