MANAHAWKIN, NJ – On Monday, February 1, 2021, at approximately 5:50 PM, the Stafford Township Police Department responded to the Southern Ocean Medical Center after they were alerted of an individual in possession of a handgun.
An investigation by responding Officers and Detectives determined that Robert L. Goldware 29 years old of Tremont Street, Trenton, New Jersey was in possession of a stolen handgun from Folcroft, Pennsylvania.
In addition to possessing the handgun, Goldware also had in his possession a large-capacity magazine. Furthermore, Goldware had an outstanding warrant out of Westampton Township, New Jersey for Robbery and Unlawful Possession of a Weapon.
Goldware was charged with the following:
· 2nd Degree Unlawful Possession of a Weapon
· 2nd degree Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose
· 2nd Degree Certain Persons Not to Possess Weapons
· 3rd Degree Receiving Stolen Property
· 4th Degree Possession of Prohibited Weapons and Devices
Goldware was lodged in Ocean County Jail pending an appearance in Ocean County Superior Court. Patrolman Sean Kenny was the investigating Officer, assisted by Detective Erik Smithman.