Fox News’ Harris Faulker this morning reported that Alejandro Mayorkas, the United States Department of Homeland Security secretary had resigned. Mayorkas has faced criticism in recent weeks over his poor handling and lack of transparency over Joe Biden’s growing border crisis.
Editor’s Note: If you came this story under the headline “Mayorkas resigned” we apologize. It was a typo in the headline editing and review process. This story is a fact check of the announcement made on Fox News earlier today.
There is no confirmation of his resignation. This weekend Mayorkas said the border is not open for new immigrants coming illegally from Mexico.
Biden’s Border Crisis
After 100,000 Cross Border In February, Biden Border Czar Says Border Is Not Open
$1 Million Worth Of Meth Confiscated At U.S. – Mexico Border
Open Biden. No Magic Words Needed For Unaccompanied Minors At The U.S.-Mexico Border
“The message is clear. Do not come. We are building the orderly, safe, and humane way for these children to have their claims of asylum heard without having to take the dangerous journey north,” he said.
“We established three new facilities last week. … We are working on the system from beginning to end. We are working around the clock 24/7,” he said in a CNN interview. “We have dealt with surges in the past and the men and women of Department of Homeland Security will succeed.”
Mayorkas has been a staunch defender of President Biden’s border security agenda. He had joined the Biden administration in denying America’s crisis at the border.
“I will share with you how I define a crisis. A crisis is when a nation is willing to rip a 9-year-old child out of the hands of his or her parent and separate that family to deter future migration. That to me is a humanitarian crisis,” Mayorkas said.
Mayorkas was slammed by Trump Sunday night.
“The pathetic, clueless performance of Secretary Mayorkas on the Sunday Shows today was a national disgrace. His self-satisfied presentation—in the middle of the massive crisis he helped engineer—is yet more proof he is incapable of leading DHS. Even someone of Mayorkas’ limited abilities should understand that if you provide Catch-and-Release to the world’s illegal aliens then the whole world will come,” the former President said in an email sent to Shore News Network.
A Dozen Times Joe Biden Has Show Signs That He Is Losing His Mind
• U.S. President Joe Biden Falls Three Times Walking Up Steps Of Air Force One
• Joe Biden Threatens Russian Leader Putin, “Will Pay A Price” For Election Meddling
• Ronna McDaniel: Joe Biden Needs To Stop Hiding From America, The Press
• Joe Biden Tells NASA Engineer Indian-Americans Are Taking Over Our Country
• Confusion As Biden Boards Marine One Helicopter, Aides, Harris Step In
• There He Goes Again: Biden Calls Harris President Again
• Nancy Pelosi Tells Story Of How Grandkids Say “Open Biden” To Open Doors
• Joe Biden Gave A Speech In Texas, But We’re Still Trying To Figure Out What He Said
• Biden Asks Nine Year University Nurse, “Are You A Freshman?” During COVID-19 Vaccination Meeting
• Was President Joe Biden And His Wife Booed During Super Bowl Speech?
• Biden Calls U.S. Service Members “Stupid Bastards”, Campaign Said It Was Just A Joe Joke
• Latest Clip Proves Joe Biden May Be Suffering From Dementia