MIAMI, FL – A doctor in Fort Lauderdale is heading to prison for dealing crystal meth. Carlton Cash, the prosecution proved cashed in his $15,000 monthly disability checks and buying crystal meth to sell.
Carlton Cash, 49, of Fort Lauderdale, Florida was sentenced to ten years in prison for distributing crystal methamphetamine.
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Cash was charged and convicted of selling over 150 grams of crystal methamphetamine in Broward County, Florida over an eight-month period starting in 2019.
Cash had worked as an emergency room physician until 2014, when he was declared disabled due to injuries he suffered in a car accident ten years earlier. Cash was receiving $15,000 each month in disability payments when he purchased approximately $100,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine in the year before his arrest, and sold crystal methamphetamine to others. Besides his Florida license, public records show that Cash has held medical licenses in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, New York, Michigan, and Mississippi.Department of Justice
- Man charged for beating victim with a slap jack
- Two Gulf County drug dealers busted
- Four charged for fatal shooting at Sarasota convenience store
- Woman who shot and made man beg for his leg found guilty, awaiting sentencing
- 7-year-old shot by sleeping babysitter’s unattended shotgun