St. Petersburg, Fla. – A drunk driver is sitting in jail today after killing a pedestrian she ran over on 4th Street in St. Petersburg on Monday.
On Monday afternoon, a 2008 Subaru driven by 43-year-old Olga Yuryevna Davis, was southbound on 4th Street North at a high rate of speed, weaving across the three southbound lanes.
In the 9000 block, Davis lost control of the vehicle and began sliding, rotating clockwise. Her car left the road, struck a man, who was walking south on the west sidewalk of 4th Street, then ran into a building at 8934 4th Street North.
“When the pedestrian was extricated from under the vehicle, he was pronounced deceased on scene. Davis was transported to Bayfront Health St Petersburg,” the St. Petersburg Police Department said. “She had a medical alcohol blood level of .213. Although the investigation is continuing, when Davis was released from the hospital, she was arrested for DUI Manslaughter, Vehicular Homicide and DUI Property Damage and taken to the Pinellas County Jail.”
More news from Florida
- St. Augustine Police investigating multiple airgun incidents
- Woman shot early this morning in Tallahassee
- Florida murder suspect captured in Sioux City
- Suspect charged with Grand Theft Auto had active murder warrant
- Sarasota man arrested after touching girl on a sailboat ride, more victims coming forward