“An officer-involved shooting that occurred in Hamilton Township Monday evening is under investigation by the Mercer County Homicide Task Force at the direction of the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General,” said Casey DeBlasio, spokesperson for the MCPO.
The shooting occurred at approximately 9 p.m. in the parking lot of the Krauszer’s Food Store on Greenwood Avenue in Hamilton during a federal investigation involving the ATF and the FBI.
The MCPO reported that a preliminary investigation suggests a suspect entered a vehicle with an undercover officer. The suspect engaged in an altercation with two federal officers and at some point, an officer’s weapon was discharged.
The suspect, a Trenton man in his 20s, fled the scene on foot. The suspect ultimately ends up at Capital Health Regional Medical Center where he is currently in critical but stable condition suffering from a gunshot wound.
More breaking news from New Jersey
- New Jersey man arrested after school board speech about black families
- Old Bridge man who sent racist emails to town councilwoman charged for bias crime
- Suspect arrested for home burglary in Evesham
- Governor Murphy extends COVID-19 state of emergency one more time
- Murphy opponent Singh says pardons for anyone convicted of non-violent COVID-19 offenses
- “We’re not there yet” Murphy tells New Jersey to keep wearing face masks
- Masked up Murphy greets crowd with “Mask Up” signs day after CDC drops mask mandate for the vaccinated
- Trenton and Philadelphia Heroin Suppliers Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
- No winner again as New Jersey Pick 6 nears $10,000,000
- Monmouth woman, drug dealer charged for threatening to kill FBI informant