“An officer-involved shooting that occurred in Hamilton Township Monday evening is under investigation by the Mercer County Homicide Task Force at the direction of the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General,” said Casey DeBlasio, spokesperson for the MCPO.
The shooting occurred at approximately 9 p.m. in the parking lot of the Krauszer’s Food Store on Greenwood Avenue in Hamilton during a federal investigation involving the ATF and the FBI.
The MCPO reported that a preliminary investigation suggests a suspect entered a vehicle with an undercover officer. The suspect engaged in an altercation with two federal officers and at some point, an officer’s weapon was discharged.
The suspect, a Trenton man in his 20s, fled the scene on foot. The suspect ultimately ends up at Capital Health Regional Medical Center where he is currently in critical but stable condition suffering from a gunshot wound.
More breaking news from New Jersey
- Phil Murphy to announce school face mask mandate tomorrow
- Police investigating fatal shooting in Linden
- 21-year-old shot in Paterson
- Hawthorne woman charged for stealing money from the estate of the deceased
- He struck a child while driving and kept driving, police say
- One dead in motorcycle crash in Egg Harbor Township
- Atlantic City man charged for aggravated assault against 8-year-old boy
- Four indicted for trafficking crystal meth at the Jersey Shore
- Jack Ciattarelli turns to Phil Murphy, Steve Sweeney for endorsement of Lt. Governor choice
- Ciattarelli says if elected Governor he would stop unemployment benefits and force people back to work