LAKEWOOD, NJ – New Jersey Republican governor hopeful Jack Ciattarelli visited Lakewood Township on Monday, following in the footsteps of New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy.
Ciattarelli’s first stop, which he promoted on his Facebook page was at the Ocean Academy Charter School.
“Fantastic to be in Lakewood today. First stop was with some of NJ’s most important residents – our children and the leaders who educate them. Our kids must come first,” Ciattarelli said. “The future of our state learns and plays in these hallways, and it is my mission to create the most education-friendly environment possible for our kids and teachers.”
His second stop, which he did not promote on his social media page was with various community leaders in the township. Ciattarelli did not give an account of those meetings on this campaign website, which were featured in the Lakewood Scoop.
Lakewood is perhaps one of the most important stops on the campaign trail for Ciattarelli. The influential political power base in the community can often decide who wins or loses the Republican primary election in Ocean County. Without winning big in Ocean County, Ciattarelli will not be able to defeat Murphy in November.
He has competition. Phil Rizzo and Hirsch Singh also both want to win Ocean County in the June primary. Singh defeated his establishment backed candidate in 2020 and is hoping to do it again in 2021.
Who is Jack Ciattarelli?
• New Jersey’s Female Legislators Slam Ciattarelli’s Plan to Cut Women’s Healthcare
• Ocean County GOP Endorses Governor Candidate Who Voted No On Hurricane Sandy Relief Twice for County Residents
• Can Never-Trumper Ciattarelli Rally Trump Supporters to Defeat Phil Murphy in 2021?
• NJ GOP Candidate for Governor, Trump Antagonist Jack Ciattarelli Welcomes Joe Biden with Open Arms
• NJ Governor hopeful Ciattarelli says President has let us down, ready for life after Trump
• Ocean County GOP Screening Committee Endorses Anti-Trump Candidate for Republican Governor of New Jersey