Thursday March 25th (N.I.T.): Boise State vs. Memphis
Boise State had lost 4 in a row before edging out SMU 85-84. In that game, Boise got out to a 30-9 lead in the first nine minutes, but needed a putback bucket with ten seconds left in the game to win. Boise State had 5 players scoring in double figures in the game, while shooting 48% from three-point range. However, their defense needed to be tighter, with SMU hitting 58.80% of the their threes.
Memphis has won 11 of 13, and are 17-8 for the season. Memphis defeated Dayton 71-60 to advance, but the game was closer than it looked. Memphis outscored Dayton 15-2 in the last 7 minutes to pull ahead for good in the end. Memphis is 2nd in the nation in defending the 3-point shot, as their opponents have hit at only a 27.4% rate. Their top scorer by average is guard Landers Nolley at 13.1 ppg. The Winner of this game plays either NC State or Colorado State in the next N.I.T. round.
The updated line at playsugarhouse.com has Memphis a 4 point favorite and the total is 143. This one could go down to the wire so points might be worth some consideration. Photo by Boise State Basketball.
- Play of the week: NJ high school outfielder rides the fence to rob opponent of home run
- Student impaled by javelin during track and field accident
- Football world lashes out at youth football coaches after disturbing drill goes viral
- Todd Frazier goes to war with small market Pittsburgh talk radio troll
- Fully vaccinated New York Yankees coach tests positive for COVID-19