PORTLAND, OR – On March 23, 2021, at about 1:51 p.m., Portland police officers from Central Precinct responded to a disturbance with a weapon in the 300 block of Northwest 19th Avenue. Early information suggested a person was pointing a firearm at people and threatening them.
As officers arrived, they took up positions nearby to begin gathering information. They saw the person and vehicle described by people calling in to report the disturbance. Officers developed a plan to make contact with the suspect.
As officers prepared to make contact the suspect began to leave in a vehicle. Officers adapted their plan, stopped the vehicle nearby, and took the suspect into custody. The suspect was identified as 26-year-old Laddie Raymond Calhoun.
Apparently Calhoun had been in some kind of argument with others nearby and allegedly pointed a firearm. Officers recovered a firearm at the stop.
Calhoun was transported to jail, charged with Menacing, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and warrants.
Source Portland Police Department
- 7 shot, 1 dead in Downtown Portland shooting
- Watch as tolerant liberal women’s rights leader verbally and racially attacks black police officer
- Violence in Portland double over last year after 80 shots fired in latest shooting incident
- Portland Police shooting leads to assault by angry mob
- The Portland Rapid Response “Riot Team” Just Quit After Member Indicted