PORTLAND, OR – On March 25, 2021, at about 2:14 a.m., Portland Police were dispatched to reports of a wrong-way driver on Interstate 84.
Multiple callers reported seeing a vehicle travelling westbound in the traffic lanes of eastbound I-84. Callers soon reported a collision on eastbound I-84 in the vicinity of Interstate 205.
Officers on the scene confirm that there has been what appears to be a head on collision on eastbound I-84 involving two vehicles. There are two fatalities.
Traffic on eastbound I-84was shut down at Northeast 68th Avenue and is being diverted onto surface streets. Anyone planning to use eastbound I-84 in the next few hours should find alternate routes.
- Oregon state agencies now require face masks for employees and visitors
- Lane County Sherriff’s Deputy drowned while attempting to rescue child
- Public tips help Portland Police make arrest in serious crash
- Portland assault victim dies two weeks after suffering severe injuries
- 7 shot, 1 dead in Downtown Portland shooting