On March 25, 2021, at about 2:14 a.m., Portland Police were dispatched to reports of a wrong-way driver on Interstate 84. Multiple callers reported seeing a vehicle traveling westbound in the traffic lanes of eastbound I-84. Callers soon reported a collision on eastbound I-84 in the vicinity of Interstate 205. Officers on the scene confirmed that there had been what appears to be a head-on collision on eastbound I-84 involving two vehicles.
Two women were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said two adult females were killed in the crash, both drivers of the vehicles involved. There were no other occupants. The drivers’ identities are not being released at this time as their families are still being notified.
Investigators are still working to determine where the wrong-way vehicle got on the freeway. 911 calls began coming in from around Northeast 122nd Avenue. If anyone saw a vehicle getting on I-84 westbound in the eastbound lanes and have not spoken to police, please reach out to the Portland Police Traffic Division at 503-823-2103.
- Another Portland protest by day. Another Portland riot by night
- Passenger in fatal crash at Portland International Aiport identified
- As America re-opens Oregon Gov. shuts down, blames the non-vaccinated
- Left-wing radical arrested for trying to burn Portland Police building
- Downtown stabbing victim recovering, two suspects arrested