Sunday March 28: (5) Creighton vs. (1) Gonzaga
Playsugarhouse.com updated line has Gonzaga favored by 13.5 points and the total is 158.
Creighton have won 5 of their last 6 games, but in the past month have also been strongly outplayed by Georgetown, Villanova and Xavier. Oddsmakers are expecting a high-scoring game; as both teams can put the ball in the basket. G Marcus Zegarowski and F Damien Jefferson need to play their best for Creighton to have a chance to win this one. Only 18 teams this year has a worse free-throw percentage than Creighton’s 64.1%, and that could prove costly against a team like Gonzaga.
Gonzaga are 28-0, and they are seeking to be the first team since the Indiana Hoosiers in 1976 (32-0) to win the tournament while staying undefeated for the entire season. Gonzaga’s fast moving offense usually wears down opponents, and they often earn plenty of free throws, which the Bulldogs are very good at hitting.
- Padres fan knocks out Rockies fan in one punch, then gets wolf packed
- Play of the week: NJ high school outfielder rides the fence to rob opponent of home run
- Student impaled by javelin during track and field accident
- Football world lashes out at youth football coaches after disturbing drill goes viral
- Todd Frazier goes to war with small market Pittsburgh talk radio troll