Sunday March 28: (11) UCLA vs. (2) Alabama
Playsugarhouse.com updated line has Alabama favored by 6.5 points and the total is 145.5.
This is UCLA’s 4th game in the tournament, after defeating Michigan State, BYU, and Abilene Christian. UCLA’s 20-point victory over Abilene Christian was a bit too easy for preparing them for the fast-paced Crimson Tide. UCLA had a huge size advantage in that matchup, and Abilene didn’t have a prayer to win. The Bruins got a free pass to the next round, with Abilene shooting just 17-for-57 from the floor (30%).
Alabama meanwhile, can play a fast-paced game, can dominate the boards, and defend against the 3-pointer. Alabama is 7th in the nation on average in defending the three; allowing opponents to hit only 28.5% of 3-point attempts. The Crimson Tide beat Iona by 13 and Maryland by 19 to get here, and their confidence level must stay high against UCLA to avoid an early exit. According to joewizsports.com this could be a high scoring contest and the Wiz recommends a play on the Total to go Over 145.
- Padres fan knocks out Rockies fan in one punch, then gets wolf packed
- Play of the week: NJ high school outfielder rides the fence to rob opponent of home run
- Student impaled by javelin during track and field accident
- Football world lashes out at youth football coaches after disturbing drill goes viral
- Todd Frazier goes to war with small market Pittsburgh talk radio troll