EDGEWATER PARK – A gunman shot into a car with four occupants inside in Edgewater Park on Saturday. The suspect in this shooting remains at large.
Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina and Edgewater Park Township Police Chief Robert D. Hess announced that two men were fatally shot inside their vehicle in the parking lot of a Woodlane Road apartment complex.
“The investigation began after officers from the Edgewater Park Township Police Department were called to the Orchard Park Apartments at 12:20 a.m. for a reported shooting,” Coffina said. “Upon arrival they discovered that shots had been fired into a vehicle containing four occupants, fatally striking the driver and a rear-seat passenger.”
The driver was identified as Sadiel Gonzalez, 25, a resident of the complex.
The other victim, Altarrek Bell, 18, was a resident of North Carolina. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
“Autopsies will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Hood,” Coffina added. “The other passengers in the vehicle were not injured. The motive for the shootings continues to be investigated.”
No arrests have been made.The homicides are being investigated by detectives from the Prosecutor’s Office and the Edgewater Park Township Police Department. Anyone with information that might be useful to investigators is asked to call Burlington County Central Communications at 609-265-7113, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disgruntled employee pulled gun on boss at South Jersey Mavis Discount Tire
- Million dollar Powerball winner in New Jersey as Jackpot climbs to $129 Million
- Drug dealers rejoice as NJ AG orders prosecutors to ignore state’s mandatory prison terms of non-violent drug offenders
- Deborah Heart and Lung Center Welcomes Inaugural Class of High School Nursing Assistant Interns
- The pandemic biking in traffic fad sweeping America caught in New Jersey