COLUMBUS, OH – On March 28, 2021, at 5:27pm, Columbus Police officers were dispatched to a local hospital on a walk-in juvenile shooting victim. Upon arrival, contact was made with the 14-year-old victim who was suffering from a gunshot to the chest.
Police said a gun the boy was playing with discharged and struck him in the chest.
The victim stated that he and another 14-year-old were inside 5234 Spencer Ct. playing with a handgun they found at the time of the incident.
The juvenile victim explained that as they were playing with the gun his friend unintentionally pulled the trigger causing it to discharge.
The juvenile victim stated that after the incident, he was transported by a friend to a local hospital where he was treated for his injuries. The victim is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. Evidence currently available indicates that this is an accidental shooting.
- Columbus meth dealer admits role in West Virginia drug trafficking
- 9-Year-Old Girl Shot in Chest as She Opened Her Front Door
- 22 people arrested in undercover drug operation in Lake County
- Video shows shooting that left four shot at Columbus bar
- Akron police make arrest in murder of 48-year-old rideshare driver