Newark, DE – DSP reported an incident where a student brought a loaded gun to school on Monday.
The Delaware State Police have arrested a 16-year-old male juvenile of Bear, on multiple weapons and drug charges, after it was determined that he was in possession of a firearm while in school.
The incident occurred at approximately 9:30 a.m., Monday, March 29, 2021, at Christiana High School, located at 190 Salem Church Rd., Newark, when the juvenile suspect was removed from the classroom for having an odor of marijuana. The juvenile was escorted to the office where school administrators recovered suspected marijuana on his person. After locating suspected marijuana, school administrators performed a search of the juvenile’s backpack and located a loaded handgun. The School Resource Officer was immediately notified and took possession of the weapon and approximately 4 grams of marijuana. The School Resource Officer conducted a computer inquiry on the weapon and discovered it was stolen.
The juvenile was taken into custody without incident and transported to Troop 2 where he was charged with the following:
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Prohibited Juvenile (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon and Controlled Substance by a Prohibited Juvenile (Felony)
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon in a Safe School Zone (Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana (civil)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (civil)
The juvenile was arraigned in Family Court and committed to the New Castle County Detention Center on $51,000.00 secured bail.
- New Castle armed carjacking suspect arrestedNEW CASTLE, DE – On Wednesday at approximately 1:38 P.M., patrol officers from the New Castle County Division of Police were dispatched to the area of Rambleton Drive in the community of Liberty Knoll Apartments for a report of a carjacking. When the officers arrived, they learned that a female victim had been parked outside
- Some Wawa stores to close temporarily as company struggles to find workersThere’s just no reason at for low wage workers to return to work in New Jersey as many are getting state unemployment insurance, plus an extra $300 per week to stay home. That is now affecting one of the state’s larges convenience store chains, Wawa who said they will have to close some stores while
- Traffic stop yields gun charges for two in GeorgetownGeorgetown- Delaware State Police arrested 26-year-old Shantai Lancaster of Norfolk, VA, and 21-year-old Kyanna Stevens of Norfolk, VA, on drugs and weapons charges following a traffic stop Saturday morning. On May 8, 2021, at approximately 11:39 a.m., Sussex County Governor’s Task Force members were on proactive patrol in the area of DuPont Blvd. and South