BARTLESVILLE, OKLAHOMA – A 76-year-old Bartlesville man who downloaded and viewed more than 1200 images and 79 videos of child pornography on his electronic devices pleaded guilty today in U.S. District Court, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Clint Johnson.
Richard Lee Ryan Jr. pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography. U.S. District Judge John F. Heil III ordered the defendant to self-surrender to the U.S. Marshals Service on April 5, and set sentencing for June 30, 2021.
“Child pornography is not a victimless crime. For nearly a year, Richard Ryan Jr. hid behind a screen and downloaded images of children being exploited and raped. With every download and view, he revictimized those children again and again,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Clint Johnson. “Thanks to our partners at the FBI and Homeland Security Investigations, Mr. Ryan will be held accountable for his actions.”
Ryan Jr. admitted that from June 26, 2019, to June 6, 2020, he knowingly possessed and viewed child pornography, which involved at least one prepubescent minor and a minor that had not attained 12 years of age engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
Investigators initially discovered Ryan Jr. when he uploaded an image of child pornography to a chat on an online messaging app. On June 6, 2020, a federal search warrant was executed at the defendant’s home and numerous electronic devices were seized, five of which contained child pornography. Investigators discovered 79 videos and more than 1200 images depicting child rape and bestiality on the devices.
The FBI and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations conducted the investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Benjamin D. Hargrove and Christopher J. Nassar are prosecuting the case.
More Crime News
- Two teens arrested for shooting of 19-year-old Jejuan JonesCOLUMBUS, OH – It took less than a few hours, but Columbus police have made two arrests in the Tuesday night shooting of 19-year-old Jejuan Jones. Jones was shot twice near South Princeton Avenue. According to police, on May 11, 2021 at 9:15 pm, officers were dispatched to the 100 block of S. Princeton Ave.
- Police say body found in woods was city’s 71st murder of 2021COLUMBUS, OH – Gunshots rang out once again in Columbus, killing another black man. This is the 71st murder in the city since New Year’s Day. According to police on Wednesday at 9:13 am, officers received a call of a body found in the woods off the side of the road near 3760 Brice Rd.
- Arrests made after man in car struck by stray bullet last JulyWASHINGTON, D.C. – A D.C. man is recovering after being struck by a bullet while sitting in his car. Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Seventh District announce arrests have been made in reference to a shooting offense that occurred on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, in the 4000 block of 1st Street, Southeast. At approximately 5:48
- Man stabbed in D.C. recovering from non-life threatening woundsWASHINGTON, D.C. – A man was stabbed on Tuesday in Washington, D.C. and is recovering from his injuries. The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department has announced an arrest in the case. Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District announce an arrest has been made in an Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (Knife) offense that occurred
- Florida man exposed himself to York County hotel housekeeperMANCHESTER, PA – One of the global winners of the COVID-19 pandemic has been the adult website PornHub. This week a scene that could have come from a video from the service unfolded in front of a frightened hotel housekeeper. On Tuesday, the Northern York County Regional Police Department investigated a case of Indecent Exposure.