Covington, LA – Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, the popular Orlando-based frozen treat shop is now bringing its beloved brand to Covington. The North Shore location, located at 71180 Highway 1077, marks the first Jeremiah’s opening in the state of Louisiana.
Owner Lisa Rapson, alongside her daughter Lindsey and son-in-law Nick, will operate the Covington location and have plans to open additional locations in the near future. As an area representative for the Jeremiah’s brand, Lisa Rapson has committed to developing 20 locations across the North Shore and southern Louisiana; from Gulfport, MS west to Baton Rouge. With a goal of opening five of her own franchise locations over the next four years, Lisa is also seeking local entrepreneurs interested in opening up their own Jeremiah’s to comprise the other 15 locations within her target.
With a passion for hospitality and making people feel at home, Lisa Rapson’s dream of running a family-owned business began after her husband’s retirement from 22 years of Navy service.
“We absolutely loved the Jeremiah’s brand when we lived in Orlando and are thrilled to bring the concept to Louisiana,” said Lisa. “We’re excited to introduce the same quality product that Jeremiah’s is known for to our Covington residents, and are hoping to build a similar legion of die-hard fans as the brand has in its home state of Florida. It’s very special to us to bring a concept we loved into a family-operated business.”
Jeremiah’s frozen treats have gained immense popularity across the south, gaining loyal followings at each of their locations since its original expansion out of Orlando. Each Jeremiah’s location boasts an upbeat atmosphere full of vibrant colors and offers over 40 flavors of indulgent high-quality Italian Ice as well as Soft Ice Cream. The Jeremiah’s Gelati, which features layers of their Italian Ice swirled with thick, homemade Soft Ice Cream, offers nearly limitless flavor combinations and is the star of the menu. The Covington location is home to indoor and outdoor seating and plans to follow stringent safety protocols. With drive-thru service and plans for third party delivery options available in the near future, guests can enjoy their frozen treats with a peace of mind.
“We want people to think of our Jeremiah’s as the neighborhood ice cream shop,” said Lisa. “Our location is centered in the heart of such a wonderful community. With people already knocking on our door to see if we are open, we can’t wait to give them the frozen treats they have been waiting for.”
The opening of the new Covington location is a significant milestone in the continued expansion of Jeremiah’s. For more information, please visit www.jeremiahsice.com or call (904) 372-7087.
Source: Restaurant News Release
More Food and Dining News
- First look at the new Willie’s Grill and Ice House in CiboloCIBOLO, TX – The Cibolo community is about to have a new go-to destination where they can kick back and enjoy the “True Taste of Texas” when Willie’s Grill & Icehouse makes its debut on Monday, May 24. Located at 18210 I-35 N., the new restaurant is set to celebrate its grand opening with an official ribbon-cutting
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop opening Zero Human Interaction restaurant in the East VillageBrooklyn Dumpling Shop, the nation’s fastest growing dumpling automat concept, will open at St. Mark’s Place (131 First Avenue) in the East Village on Wednesday, May 19. This fully automated restaurant conceptualized by Brooklyn Chop House Director of Operations Stratis Morfogen will bring the Automat of yesteryear into 2021 with advanced Autoflow technology made for today and
- Bar Rescue’s Jon Taffer opening new D.C. restaurantWASHINGTON, D.C. – Taffer’s Tavern, the innovative new full service tavern concept founded by industry leading hospitality expert and star of Paramount Network’s Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer, today unveiled the location for its first of multiple restaurants coming to the Washington, D.C., metro area. Cuisine Solutions, the world’s leading manufacturer of sous vide foods and Taffer’s Tavern franchisee
- Outer Banks Boil Co. to open first restaurant in BaltimoreBALTIMORE, MD – North Carolina based Outer Banks Boil Company, a new takeout and catering business that specializes in signature seafood boils, now plans to expand its presence in Baltimore and the surrounding area. The brand and its executives have sentimental ties to the Baltimore area and believe the company’s seafood boils would provide the perfect
- Happy Joe’s Coming to Fond du LacFOND DU LAC, WI – The Fond du Lac community is about to have a new go-to destination for family fun and quality food when Happy Joe’s Pizza & Ice Cream opens this summer! That’s right. The popular family-centric pizza concept is set to make its Fondy debut this summer in the former Applebee’s location at 841