GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI – Dexter Kimsey, 25, of McHenry, pled guilty yesterday before U.S. District Louis Guirola, Jr., to transporting images of minors engaging in sexually explicit conduct, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Darren J. LaMarca and Jack P. Stanton, Acting Special Agent in Charge of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in New Orleans.
In June 2019, HSI Gulfport and the Stone County Sheriff’s Office executed a state search warrant at a McHenry residence where electronic devices belonging to Dexter Kimsey were recovered. Kimsey’s on-line account and cell phone were found to contain still and video format child exploitation visual depictions.
Kimsey was indicted by a federal grand jury on June 23, 2020. He will be sentenced by Judge Guirola on June 30, 2021 at 1:30 p.m., and faces a minimum of five years and a maximum of twenty years in prison, and a maximum fine of $250,000.
The case was investigated by Homeland Security Investigations and the Stone County Sheriff’s Office. It was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrea Jones.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse. Led by the United States Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who sexually exploit children, and to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.usdoj.gov/psc.
More crime new across America
- Woman shot dead in PortlandPORTLAND, OR – On Sunday, May 16, 2021, at 8:34 a.m., officers from the North Precinct responded to a report of a shooting in the 8000 block of North Newman Avenue. When officers arrived they located an adult female victim, who was deceased. Homicide Detectives are responding. During the investigation, North Newman Avenue is closed
- Hit and run suspect exited through front windshield left wallet, ID behindDELTONA, FL – On Tuesday night in Deltona, a white Chevrolet pickup fleeing a minor traffic crash ended up running a red light and slamming into a vehicle in the intersection of Howland Boulevard and Newmark Drive. The suspect vehicle rolled over multiple times, hit a power pole and came to rest. The suspect exited
- U.S. Marshals seeking fugitive rape suspect in Tulsa areaTULSA, OK – The US Marshal Service are seeking help in locating wanted fugitive Denim Lee Blount. Blount has a warrant out of Tulsa County for second degree rape. Blount also has a federal warrant for shooting with intent to kill on an attempted car jacking he was involved in recently. Blount is also wanted
- Multiple passengers arrested, 3 hospitalized in London airport brawlThe BBC reports that 11 people have been arrested and four injured in a brawl that took place at the Luton Airport. Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the issuing agency or corporation. Please report
- Two women engage in Downtown Austin street fightAUSTIN, TX – Last weekend two women engaged in a fist fight in Downtown Austin. The fight lasted for about a minute before it was broken up and police arrived on scene. Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the