NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA – U.S. Attorney Duane A. Evansannounced that ASHONTI HALL, 30,of New Orleans, Louisiana, pleaded guilty on March 31, 2021 to possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime before United States District Judge Sarah S. Vance.
In October 2019, HALL was indicted for possessing heroin, cocaine base, cocaine hydrochloride, and marijuana with the intent to distribute, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and possessing a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking.
Court documents show that as part of his plea, HALL admitted that he fled from New Orleans Police Department Officers who were investigating HALL for a shooting that occurred the previous day. The police caught HALL and found him in possession of a backpack that contained several different types of drugs, scales, cash, and a loaded gun.
Sentencing is set for August 4, 2021 before District Judge Vance. HALL faces a sentence of at least five years imprisonment up to life, a $250,000 fine, five years supervised release following any term of imprisonment, and a $100 special assessment fee.
More Louisiana News
- Alexandria Drug Dealer gets 4 years in PrisonALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA – Derrick Dwayne Thomas, 46, of Alexandria, was sentenced today by United States District Judge Dee D. Drell to 63 months in prison, followed by 4 years of supervised release, on drug trafficking charges, announced Acting United States Attorney Alexander C. Van Hook. On May 6, 2020, a federal grand jury returned an
- New Orleans Man Sentenced to Twelve Months and One Day in Prison for Being A Felon in Possession of a FirearmNEW ORLEANS, LA – U.S. Attorney Duane A. Evans announced that CHARLES EDWARD BANKS (“BANKS”), age 38, of New Orleans, Louisiana was sentenced to imprisonment on May 4, 2021 by U.S. District Court Judge Wendy B. Vitter for charges relating to possession of a firearm. BANKS pled guilty on November 12, 2019, to being a
- Slidell Woman Sentenced To 34 Months for Wire Fraud and Aggravated Identity Theft ViolationsNEW ORLEANS , LOUISIANA – The United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana announced today that RACHEL E. LIPPS (“LIPPS”), age 40, of Slidell, LA was sentenced to 34 months imprisonment by the Honorable Susie Morgan for thirty-three counts of wire fraud, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1343
- Baby shot dead as police opened fire on double-murderer dad’s carA police pursuit that began in East Baton Rouge ended in Mississippi as police chased fugitive murderer Eric Derrel Smith ended in tragedy after Smith’s child was shot and killed during a shoot out. Smith was wanted for a double murder in Baton Rouge. According to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office, Smith entered his
- New Orleans has new main squeeze as new juice store top open UptownNew Orleans, LA – Main Squeeze Juice Co. – a New Orleans-based juice and smoothie bar franchise – is opening a new location in Uptown New Orleans in mid-April. The new storefront will be located at 5808 Magazine St., which is blocks away from the Main Squeeze’s headquarters office. To celebrate its grand opening, the new store