Kansas City, MO – The Halal Guys, the largest American Halal street food concept in the world, is expanding rapidly across the Midwest, today announcing a multi-unit franchise deal to open locations in Missouri. The first is slated for Kansas City, Missouri, with at least four additional units to follow. The announcement comes on the heels of an expansion into Ohio that will more than double The Halal Guys’ footprint in the region.
Franchisee Osama Hanif will bring the quintessential New York City street cart food experience to Kansas City diners and is already scouting locations in historic Westport and the Crossroads Art District.
“Our team is beyond excited to bring The Halal Guys to Kansas City and beyond,” said Hanif. “This is a fast-growing and diverse city that has shown so much love for food from all corners of the world. The Halal Guys offers an experience through their food that the people of Kansas City have been wanting for years. Food brings people from all walks of life together, and our goal is to introduce something new and exciting. Kansas City is best known for its BBQ, but we’re willing to bet the community will view The Halal Guys as their favorite go-to very soon!”
The Halal Guys is the original creator of American Halal Food. The concept originated in 1990 when an increasing demand for halal food from New York taxi drivers inspired The Halal Guys’ three founders to leave behind their hot dog cart and pursue halal-friendly platters and sandwiches.
Best known for their craveable white sauce and customizable platters, The Halal Guys specialize in flawlessly cooked, premium quality halal meals that are seasoned to perfection and served with kind hospitality. Other menu offerings include sandwiches, hummus, baba ghanoush, falafel and baklava. With a loyal fan base as diverse as their flavor palate, The Halal Guys currently operates more than 85 locations with multiple units under development and plans to expand to 400 in the next several years.
“Midwest expansion is a big focus for us,” said Ahmed Abouelenein, CEO of The Halal Guys. “We are continuously looking for ways to bring our food to more of our fans, and we are very excited about this opportunity to join the vibrant Kansas City community.”
“We believe that The Halal Guys is unlike any other quick service restaurant,” added Hanif. “It’s not just a place to satisfy your hunger – it’s a destination that offers an out-of-this-world experience for your taste buds. We feel so blessed and humbled to be given the opportunity to bring that experience to Kansas City.”
The Halal Guys is partnered with Fransmart, the industry-leading franchise development company behind the explosive growth of brands like Five Guys Burgers & Fries and QDOBA Mexican Grill, to grow the brand. The concept is actively looking for experienced multi-unit foodservice operators to develop additional franchises in major markets across the United States and internationally. To learn more about The Halal Guys franchising opportunities, please visit https://fransmart.com/the-halal-guys.
Source: Restaurant News Release
More Food & Dining News
- One Bite, Dave Portnoy review Panera’s flatbread pizzaOkay Frankie, let’s review chain franchise pizza. That’s what happened this week when Dave Portnoy reviewed Panera’s flatbread pizza. Portnoy ended up calling the pizza “hockey rink flatbread”. Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the
- Drunk man assaulted police officers with his colostomy bag at Kid Rock’s restaurantNASHVILLE, TN – Nashville Metro Police Department officers have announced the arrest of Nicholas Newhart after attacking police officers with his colostomy bag. Police arrived at Kid Rock’s Big Honky Tonk & Steakhouse at 221 Broadway when restaurant security notified police that a man was blocking the emergency exit and refusing to leave the restaurant.
- New wood fire pizza franchise coming to OmahaSmokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza, the fastest growing wood-fired pizza franchise in the US, has announced the opening of its first Nebraska location. The new restaurant will be located at 220 South 31st Ave. in Midtown Crossing and is expected to open on May 25th. Home to one of Omaha’s largest outdoor patios, the new location will be owned
- Mediterranean humus and pita restaurant opening in North HollywoodThe Hummus & Pita Co., one of the fastest-growing Mediterranean concepts in the U.S., has announced its flagship location for all of California with a Grand Opening slated for late June of 2021. Making a home in North Hollywood’s premier development NOHO West Shopping Center, as the first of the concept’s Los Angeles wide franchise expansion,
- Hawaiian style poke bowls coming to TampaTampa, FL – Island Fin Poke, a fast casual restaurant famous for its Hawaiian style build-your-own poké bowls, is announcing the opening of its newest location in the Carrollwood community of Tampa. Located in the heart of Carrollwood at 12913 N Dale Mabry Hwy., the new restaurant will be owned and operated by husband-and-wife duo Lincoln and