Washington, DC – A man was shot Saturday afternoon multiple times and later died at the hospital in Northeast D.C.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch are investigating a homicide that occurred on Saturday, April 3, 2021, in the 300 block of 18th Street, in Northeast Washington, D.C.
At approximately 3:58 pm, members of the Fifth District responded to the listed location for the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, members located an adult male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. DC Fire and EMS responded to the scene and transported the victim to a local hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries. After all life-saving efforts failed, the victim succumbed to his injuries.
The decedent has been identified as 37 year-old Julius Hayes, of Northeast, DC.
The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone that provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for each homicide committed in the District of Columbia. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at 202-727-9099. Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by sending a text message to 50411.
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud MatterWASHINGTON D.C. – – Sophia Kim, a/k/a “Sophia Kim Sebold” and “Sookyeong Kim Sebold”, 60, the former Treasurer and Comptroller for the
- Two shot while standing in front of D.C. convenience storeWASHINGTON, DC – The safest place in Washington, D.C. these days is behind the wall erected around the U.S. Capitol building. Outside
- DC Warzone: Capitol Heights double shooting caught on videoWASHINGTON, DC – Two people were shot at a gas station convenience store in Capitol Heights Tuesday evening. The shooting, caught on
- D.C. Mayor Joins Left’s Assault on Dancing, Latest to ban DancingWASHINGTON, DC – Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser has joined the left’s assault against dancing as the pandemic wanes and liberal politicians
- Man sitting in road killed in hit and run in D.C.Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a vehicle sought in