Jersey City, NJ – Famed Artichoke Basille’s Pizza, the nation’s largest and fastest-growing New York-style pizzeria known for its authentic New York slices and pies, will open a new location in Jersey City in Spring of 2021. The new outpost, located at 246 Bay Street in Jersey City, will mark the third New Jersey restaurant for Artichoke Basille’s Pizza, and the second of five franchised stores to open across New Jersey as part of a deal inked in 2018 with franchisees and loyal customers Premal and Leela Shanghvi.
The franchised Jersey City location will be 800 square feet and will offer both dine-in and takeout. The restaurant’s interior will feature flawlessly preserved brick walls from the 1880s as well as NYC-inspired design elements like an antique tin ceiling and mosaic floor tiles, which pay homage to Artichoke’s original outpost. The menu will star Artichoke’s authentic New York slices and larger-than-life whole pies in eight varieties, including signature styles like the namesake Artichoke Pie that’s made with artichoke hearts, spinach, cream sauce, mozzarella, and pecorino romano cheese. Guests can also enjoy the innovative Crab Pie made with crab sauce and fresh mozzarella with surimi stuffing or the Staten Island Pie filled with meatballs, cooked tomato sauce, red onions, and ricotta cheese. Classic like the Margherita, Pepperoni or Meatball Pie will also be available.
“We love the diversity Jersey City has to offer,” said Premal Shanghvi. “The new location is just off the Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza and a few short steps away from the Grove Street PATH train station that shuttles over 7 million commuters a year to and from Manhattan, so we jumped at the opportunity to bring an Artichoke Basille’s Pizza outpost to this highly trafficked area.”
Founded in 2008 by cousins Francis Garcia and Sal Basille, Artichoke Basille’s Pizza specializes in serving an authentic style of pizza born and bred from fourth generation New York City pizzaiolos. Artichoke’s signature slices and whole pies feature a variety of toppings that range from the unique like artichoke cream sauce and Surimi crab meat to more traditional favorites like pepperoni, meatball, and ricotta. Unlike other fast casual pizza concepts, Artichoke’s pies are never made in a conveyor belt oven, but instead cooked to perfection in a more traditional deck oven. Their award-winning pizzas have attracted a cult-like fanbase of local New Yorkers, tourists, and celebrities alike, and founders Fran & Sal have garnered national recognition with appearances on The Rachael Ray Show, Fox & Friends, late night TV shows, and two of their own Cooking Channel series, Pizza Masters and Pizza Cuz.
Artichoke Basille’s Pizza currently operates 15 locations nationwide in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona and California, with units in varying stages of development across the country. To learn more about franchising and stay up-to-date with the latest Artichoke Basille’s Pizza happenings, visit www.artichokepizza.com and follow the brand @ArtichokePizza on social media.
Source: Restaurant News Release
- Pickleball themed restaurant with courts opening this summer in Fort WorthFort Worth, TX – Fort Worth will have a new place to eat, drink and be active beginning late summer. Courtside Kitchen, located
- KFC hiring 20,000 new workers nationwideKFC announced strong Q1 earnings results last week, as customers increasingly chose the comfort and convenience of drive-thru, carry-out, and delivery of
- Wolfnights coming to Midtown ManhattanNew York, NY – Wolfnights, the hottest gourmet wrap concept in New York City, signed the lease for a new location at 40 West
- On the Border is now on the menu in AlpharettaNearly 40 years ago, three friends (and probably some shots of tequila) led to a brilliant idea – to share fresh, Border-style
- There’s a new hot dog joint in ApopkaAPOPKA, FL- Crave Hot Dogs and BBQ is one of the fastest growing Hot Dog and BBQ restaurants in the United States. Founded