WASHINGTON, DC – Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit are investigating a traffic fatality resulting from a traffic crash that occurred on Saturday, April 3, 2021, at the intersection of South Dakota Avenue and Bladensburg Road, Northeast.
Preliminary investigation revealed that at approximately 12:57 am, a pedestrian laid down on the roadway in the southeast crosswalk of the intersection of South Dakota Avenue and Bladensburg Road, Northeast. Once on the roadway, the pedestrian was struck by a white van that was traveling in the northwest bound direction on South Dakota Avenue, Northeast. The striking vehicle then fled the scene. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported the pedestrian to a local hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries. After all life-saving efforts failed, the pedestrian was pronounced dead.
The decedent has been identified as 54 year-old Evelyn Troyah, of no fixed address.
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud MatterWASHINGTON D.C. – – Sophia Kim, a/k/a “Sophia Kim Sebold” and “Sookyeong Kim Sebold”, 60, the former Treasurer and Comptroller for the
- Two shot while standing in front of D.C. convenience storeWASHINGTON, DC – The safest place in Washington, D.C. these days is behind the wall erected around the U.S. Capitol building. Outside
- DC Warzone: Capitol Heights double shooting caught on videoWASHINGTON, DC – Two people were shot at a gas station convenience store in Capitol Heights Tuesday evening. The shooting, caught on
- D.C. Mayor Joins Left’s Assault on Dancing, Latest to ban DancingWASHINGTON, DC – Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser has joined the left’s assault against dancing as the pandemic wanes and liberal politicians
- Man sitting in road killed in hit and run in D.C.Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a vehicle sought in