ESCAMBIA COUNTY, FL – On 4/4/2021, ECSO deputies responded to West Florida Hospital in reference to a child abuse complaint. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the mother of a two-week-old victim.
She told deputies she went to a friend’s birthday dinner and left her daughters (ages 5 and 10) and two-week-old in the care of an adult male who was living at the residence.
While she was away, she received several text messages from her 10-year-old daughter asking her to come home. She immediately returned home and found the two-week-old in a child’s swing with a bloody lip, a scratch on her nose and bruising around her face.
The mother immediately took all three children to West Florida Hospital. The two-week-old suffered a fractured skull, a fractured clavicle and had multiple bruises. The other two children were unharmed.The suspect, Brock Baumert, was located several hours later and charged with Aggravated Child Abuse (1st Degree Felony). This is a Domestic Violence related charge, and he has no bond.
Here’s what is happening in Florida
Get the latest news from Florida on our Florida News page.
- Hawaiian style poke bowls coming to TampaTampa, FL – Island Fin Poke, a fast casual restaurant famous for its Hawaiian style build-your-own poké bowls, is announcing the opening of its
- Road rage fit lands 22-year-old in jailMarion County, FL – A fit of road rage has landed 22-year-old Sarah Irene Rivera in the Marion County lockup. “Road Rage
- Do you want fries with that racism? Upset with Burger King order, woman drops the n-wordThe African American worker serving 77-ear-old Judith Black at the Burger King in The Villages in Florida made the mistake of serving
- Father suspected in fiery murder-suicide, killing his two children by setting fire to vanGAINESVILLE, FL – Deputies in Gainesville performed a wellness check shortly before 6 am on Tuesday at a home on Southwest 27th
- Suspect arrested for murder after shooting in JacksonvilleJACKSONVILLE, FL – On Monday, May 3, 2021 the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office responded to the 1200 Block of Arlington Road in reference