ASHEVILLE, NC – Bold Rock Hard Cider, which began selling its cider in Nellysford, Virginia in 2012, and has grown to be the country’s #2 cider brand, is expanding its taproom footprint to Asheville, North Carolina. The new 8,000 sq ft. cidery and taproom will be in the located at 39 N. Lexington Avenue in downtown Asheville, a space formerly occupied by CANarchy’s “The Collaboratory” concept. The new cidery and taproom will feature a small batch cider production system, scratch kitchen, and a private event space. Bold Rock established a local North Carolina presence in 2015 when it opened a cidery and taproom in Mills River, North Carolina. The new location will extend Bold Rock’s North Carolina presence into downtown Asheville.
Brain Shanks, Bold Rock co-founder said, “We are fortunate that the North Carolina community truly embraced us when we arrived here in 2015. Now, we look forward to bringing the successes and popularity of the Bold Rock brand and of our Mills River experience to the heart of Asheville. We believe, this summer will mark the return to on-premise consumption channels and we also see a rebound occurring in the adult beverage related tourism industry. With Asheville’s rapidly rising reputation of being the US top city for adult craft beverages, the timing for the project couldn’t be better.”
The story of Bold Rock Hard Cider starts with a partnership between John Washburn and Brian Shanks. John had a vision of bringing people together over a sustainably crafted alcoholic beverage while Brian dreamed of sharing his highly drinkable style of hard cider with the US masses. The duo launched Bold Rock Hard Cider in June 2012 out of a humble barn nestled in the Virginia foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Bold Rock has grown since those early days to become the #2 best-selling cider brand in the country and the same commitment to quality and great taste has never wavered. The refreshing line of Bold Rock products includes a wide variety of hard cider styles like Granny Smith Apple, Sangria, Watermelon and Pineapple ciders as well as recent innovations into neighboring craft beverage segments such as hard tea, hard lemonade, hard seltzer and ready-to-drink craft cocktails.
The new Asheville cidery and taproom will complement its other popular locations in Nellysford, VA, Mills River, NC, and its seasonal location at Carter’s Mountain, VA. The design will reflect the brand’s rustic roots and its connection with its heart and soul – the Blue Ridge mountains. The location will have a full-service menu that will be heavily influenced by local tastes and will feature locally sourced ingredients. It will also serve as an innovation center for new Bold Rock ciders, seltzers, teas and lemonades, while also having a full bar and craft beer selection from Bold Rock’s sister brands – Southern Tier Brewing Company, Victory Brewing Company and Sixpoint Brewery.
“Asheville is the perfect place for Bold Rock to branch out with a stunning new cidery and taproom,” said co-founder, John Washburn. “In 2015, we were welcomed as part of the North Carolina community when we located our hard cider production and taproom in nearby Mills River. At my family’s home outside of Asheville and as a boy at summer camp in Hendersonville, I drank fresh cold apple juice in the orchard every morning. The Mills River location allowed us to take advantage of the high-quality apples from local orchards in the Blue Ridge mountains. Now, with the thriving craft beverage scene in Asheville, this is obviously the place for us to be. Locals and tourists alike can join us for a hard cider and a wonderful North Carolina experience.”
- North Carolina’s Great Greek Restaurant chain coming to DC, New York and Boston this fallWest Palm Beach, FL – The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill, an award-winning and rapidly expanding Mediterranean fast-casual concept has signed a national franchise
- Roy Rogers adds “Big Sky” pulled pork sandwich topped with beer battered onion ringsFrederick, MD – With a nod to its western-themed heritage, Roy Rogers restaurants set out this week to take guests on an
- Nathan’s Famous introduces new value menu deals in New York and FloridaJericho, NY – Nathan’s Famous, Inc., the American tradition serving New York favorites for more than 100 years, announced today the launch of its
- Post Office celebrates America’s love for coffee in latest forever stampThe U.S. Postal Service celebrates America’s love of coffee today with the issuance of four new stamps. Whether milky, dark as night,
- The Murphy lockdown ‘has taken significant toll’ on business, Gov. admitsTRENTON, NJ – Since last March, New Jersey has been one of the most restrictive and locked down states in America. The