NEW BERN, NC – A North Carolina mom has been charged after faculty at her child’s elementary school found 260 grams of cocaine in their school backpack.
A Craven County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer discovered what appeared to be a large amount of illegal drugs in a Trent Park Elementary School child’s book bag.
After further investigation, the Craven County Sheriff’s Office Special Investigation Bureau identified the drugs as over 260 grams of cocaine.
Sharae Monique Becton, 27, of Railroad Street New Bern, N.C. is charged with felony trafficking cocaine, felony possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine and misdemeanor child abuse for allowing the child to possess over 260 grams of cocaine.
- Get the latest news from the Carolinas on Shore News Network’s North Carolina News and South Carolina News pages.
- Murphy man gets 7 years in federal prison for distributing indecent photos of childrenASHEVILLE, N.C. – On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, U.S. District Judge Max O. Cogburn Jr. sentenced Lawrence Keith Limon, 52, of Murphy,
- Westminster man arrested for exploitation of childrenMay 5, 2021 – South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson announced the arrest of Donald Alfred Slater, Jr., 62, of Westminster, S.C., on
- Georgetown County man charged for child pornographyGEORGETOWN, SC – Sheriff Carter Weaver reports the arrest of a Rhems man in relation to a child pornography investigation.Sheriff’s Office investigators
- Indictment announced in fatal South Carolina kidnappingMYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA – Acting United States Attorney M. Rhett DeHart stated today that a Federal Grand Jury in Columbia returned a
- Police department accused of enforcing school mask policy says it never happenedMount Pleasant, S.C. – After a social media post claimed police officers were placed at Pickney Elementary School to bully parents into