TOMS RIVER, NJ – This week is National Public Health Week and the Ocean County Health Department is celebrating by bringing awareness to seven important topics for the community to discover.
COVID-19 and the National Public Health Week Themes:
- Monday: Rebuilding a more equitable and inclusive world through public health after COVID-19
- Tuesday: Advancing Racial Equality
- Wednesday: Strengthening Community
- Thursday: Galvanizing Climate Justice
- Friday: Constructing COVID-19 Resilience
- Saturday: Uplifting Mental Health & Wellness
- Sunday: Elevating the Essential and Health Workforce
Be sure to check the Ocean County Health Department’s website and Facebook page to get updates on these topics each day.
- Here’s what else is happening in New Jersey: Get the latest news from New Jersey on our New Jersey News page. You can also check out our Jersey Shore News page for the latest news from the Jersey Shore.
- Hundreds attend rally for school nurse fired for wanting to unmask childrenSTAFFORD TOWNSHIP, NJ – Hundreds attended a rally in Stafford Township in support of fired nurse Erin Pein who was let go
- New Jersey camp counselor shared over 1,000 images and videos of children onlineMEDFORD TOWNSHIP – Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina announced that a 36-year-old Medford Township man pled guilty in Superior Court to distributing
- School board takes action against teacher involved in transgender incident that ended with him throwing a beerA Neptune City School District teacher has had “action” taken against him by the school board after a viral video of him