ST. PETERSBURG, FL – During the night of Easter Sunday, three people were shot and a woman was killed at an informal gathering of between 50 and 100 people at Wildwood Park.
Police reported Emily Renee Grot, 35, a mother of two, died of her injuries. A man who was shot suffered serious injuries, but is recuperating in stable condition.
A 17- year- old girl also suffered minor injuries. Detectives believe Grot was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was not the intended target. Police are asking anyone with information to please call 727-893-7780 or text SPPD+your tip to TIP411.
Here’s what is happening in Florida
Get the latest news from Florida on our Florida News page.
- Fort Pierce man wins $500,000 jackpot on lottery scratch offFORT PIERCE, FL – The Florida Lottery announces that Jackie Fisher, 68, of Fort Pierce, claimed a $500,000 top prize from the
- 11-year-old girl died trying to save her pets from burning homeSARASOTA, FL – On Thursday, deputies received multiple 911 calls around 5:45 p.m., in the 1100 block of Iowa Street, for the
- Florida child sex trafficker arrested in Panama CityPANAMA CITY, FL – Damarcus King, 25, of Panama City, was arrested today on an FDLE warrant for one felony count each
- Ocala man decapitated, burned 77-year-old, then ran nude around daycare centerOCALA, FL – On Thursday, May 6, 2021, Major Crimes Detective Billy Burleson charged Nicholas James Trench with Second Degree Murder, First
- Scam artist who conned 80-year-old New Smyrna Beach woman captured in Las VegasNEW SMYRNA BEACH, FL – Volusia sheriff’s detectives have identified and charged an online scam artist who tricked an 80-year-old New Smyrna