VIA VISITNJ – Spring is here and soon New Jersey will be in full bloom. You don’t have to wait to have a great picnic in New Jersey and here’s 5 highly recommended spots to have one.
Nestled into the heart of the Towne of Historic Smithville & Village Green is lovely Lake Meone, featuring paddle boat rentals, remote control boats and plenty of grassy areas to spread out your picnic blanket. You can even leave dessert to quaint local eateries including Scoop’s Place Ice Cream and the Smithville Bakery.
Surrounded by Jersey City’s edgy cultural and dining scene is Liberty State Park, a vast green space with the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty as its backdrop and ample settings for relaxing and recreating. Enjoy an alfresco lunch in the picnic area then stroll the park’s two-mile promenade to take in sweeping Hudson River views.
You won’t find picnic pavilions or grills at Duke Farms in Hillsborough. What you will find is a more than 1,000-acre tranquil sanctuary dedicated to the preservation of the region’s natural beauty. The public is invited to explore the grounds, immersed in the native landscape. Then linger over a leisurely lunch—you can locate a handful of picnic tables dotting the site on this property map. Or, better yet, bring a blanket and pick an out-of-the-way spot of your own.
Fresh Mountain Air
Whether you’re packing a charcuterie board for two or grilling hamburgers and hot dogs with fixings for the whole family, you’ll enjoy your spread in the clean, crisp air of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge at High Point State Park. Follow the trails on this park map to the picnic area of your choosing, then just breathe it all in.
Sun, Sand & Surf
Travel to New Jersey’s southernmost tip and you’ll find Cape May Point State Park. Boasting a classic lighthouse, quiet coastal shoreline, sandy dunes and freshwater ponds, it’s a distinctively peaceful and picturesque spot to take in a picnic down the shore.
What to do in New Jersey – Are you looking for something to do in New Jersey? Check out our page of things to do in New Jersey, our Jersey Shore News page, or our Travel News page for more ideas.
- Trump to spend summer in New Jersey during heated race for GovernorGuess who’s coming to New Jersey? Former U.S. President Donald J. Trump is heading to his Bedminster estate this week while his
- Here are 10 great things you can do when the COVID-19 lockdown endsAll over the world, many people have been confined to their homes due to national lockdowns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. But
- Visit NJ: 20 Waterfalls to visit this spring in New JerseyThe New Jersey Department of Tourism has compiled a list of 20 great waterfalls you and your family to visit during the
- Here are 5 things you can do at New Jersey’s American Dream right nowEAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – VISITNJ – The unrivaled destination for indoor family fun, American Dream in East Rutherford, NJ offers an experience for guests
- Reddit Post of the Day: This kangaroo was chilling for the ladies at Six Flags Great AdventureJACKSON, NJ – Today’s Reddit pic of the day comes from our home base here in Jackson Township, New Jersey. RDevlin92 dropped