DEL RIO, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to Del Rio Station rescued a family of three, April 5.
While patrolling the Rio Grande River near Del Rio, agents from the marine unit responded to a call for assistance regarding several individuals trapped on a small island in the middle of the river. While en route to the reported location, agents encountered a mother, a father and their two-year-old child struggling to cross the Rio Grande. Due to the excessive winds and strong currents the family was struggling to hold their heads above the water. Agents responded quickly, rescuing the family, and subsequently escorted them to safety on the nearby riverbank. Once they turned over custody and care to agents on the riverbank, agents from the marine unit proceeded to the location of the original call for assistance. Agents quickly located and assisted 20 migrants, who were trapped on a small island, to safety on a nearby riverbank.
Once safely on shore, all individuals were evaluated by emergency medical technicians and transported to Del Rio Station for processing per U.S. Customs and Border Protection guidelines. No further medical attention was requested.
“Great work by our agents, who saved three lives and assisted 20 others in a matter of minutes,” said Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Austin L. Skero II. “No matter the situations they may face, our agents are able to quickly adapt, and overcome any challenge as they protect America.”
- Biden administration seizes family farm in order to continue building Trump’s border wallThe administration of President Joe Biden says it isn’t going to continue building President Donald J. Trump’s border wall between Mexico and
- Convicted murdered trying to get back into U.S. caught at Mexican borderEAGLE PASS, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to Del Rio Sector arrested a convicted murderer, April 14. “Our agents are doing a great
- Three child sex offenders caught crossing U.S.-Mexico borderEDINBURG, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley arrested three illegal aliens with prior convictions for sexual crimes
- Human trafficking operations disrupted in TexasEDINBURG, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents from the Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) disrupted alien smuggling cases. On Tuesday afternoon, RGV
- Slavery reparation moves forward in U.S. Congress, summer vote anticipatedWASHINGTON, DC – On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee advanced a bill that will create a committee to explore the possibility of