EAGLE PASS, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) officers seized methamphetamine valued at over $820,000 in two separate enforcement actions.
“The smuggling of illicit narcotics is a serious international health and security threat,” said Port Director Paul Del Rincon, Eagle Pass Port of Entry. “CBP will continue to intercept these dangerous drugs through our vigorous enforcement actions.”
The first enforcement action occurred on April 2nd, at the Camino Real International Bridge II after a CBP officer referred a 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne Super 10 for a secondary inspection. The vehicle was driven by a 61-year-old male Mexican citizen who applied for entry into the United States from Mexico. Following a canine and non-intrusive imaging system inspection, CBP officers discovered a total of 28 packages containing 29.5 pounds of alleged methamphetamine concealed within three ice chests inside the vehicle.
The second seizure occurred on April 4th at the Eagle Pass International Bridge I, when CBP officers referred a 2007 Ford Edge taxi for a secondary examination. The passenger was a 60-year-old male United States citizen who was making entry from Mexico. Following a canine and non-intrusive imaging system examination, CBP officers discovered a total of 11.9 pounds of alleged methamphetamine.
The two interceptions have a combined street value of $828,489.
CBP seized the narcotics, along with the 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne. Both men were arrested and the cases were turned over to local authorities for further investigation.
- Dr. Fauci has no idea why Texas doesn’t have more COVID-19 after dropping the mask mandateDr. Anthony Fauci doesn’t understand why the state of Texas isn’t seeing a spike in COVID-19 and a new wave of the
- Border Patrol capture wanted child sex offender crossing borderPHARR, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations (OFO) at the Pharr International Bridge apprehended Jose Gerardo Ibarra after discovering
- No crying photo-op for AOC as refugee children face sexual assault and abandonmentNew York champagne socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has no tears to shed this week as migrant children are being thrown over walls, left
- Two more violent criminal illegal aliens caught re-entering U.S. across borderDEL RIO, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to Del Rio Sector’s Brackettville Station arrested two convicted felons, April 5. “With convictions for
- Human smugglers bringing unaccompanied minors into the U.S. capturedDINBURG, Texas – Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Border Patrol agents disrupted two human smuggling events resulting in the arrest of 37