NEWARK, N.J. – A Union County, New Jersey, man pleaded guilty today to possessing images of child sexual abuse, Acting U.S. Attorney Rachael A. Honig announced.
Andrew Chu, 30, of Garwood, New Jersey, pleaded guilty by videoconference before U.S. District Judge William J. Martini to an information charging him with one count of possession of child pornography.
According to documents filed in this case and statements made in court:
In February 2018, Chu downloaded approximately 90 videos depicting the sexual abuse of children from a website on the darknet.
The charge of possession of child pornography carries a maximum potential penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 26, 2021.
- Here’s what else is happening in New Jersey: Get the latest news from New Jersey on our New Jersey News page. You can also check out our Jersey Shore News page for the latest news from the Jersey Shore.
- Police records show Mo Hill candidate Quinlisk accused of assaulting disabled man, woman over paycheck disputeTOMS RIVER – A police record on file in Monmouth County shows James Quinlisk, a candidate for council being supported by Toms
- Murphy to spend $5 million on election campaign adsTRENTON, NJ — Murphy for Governor 2021 today launched a nearly $5 million multi-platform paid media effort, spanning both television and digital,
- Is Murphy pumping the numbers on vaccinations too? Why not, It’s not the first timeThe science employed by New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy has been questionable since day one of the pandemic. His numbers were often
- Bronx cocaine delivery man who supplied New Jersey gets 60 months in prisonNEWARK, N.J. – A Bronx, New York, man was sentenced today to 60 months in prison for conspiring to distribute 500 grams
- Paterson heroin dealer admits guilt in federal courtNEWARK, N.J. – A Passaic County, New Jersey, man today admitted conspiring to distribute 100 grams or more of heroin, 40 grams