DINBURG, Texas – Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Border Patrol agents disrupted two human smuggling events resulting in the arrest of 37 illegal aliens.
Yesterday evening, RGV Border Patrol agents received information from a concerned citizen that a residence in Rio Grande City, Texas was being utilized as an illegal alien stash house. The Rio Grande City Police Department was requested to assist. Agents and officers encountered and apprehended 24 nationals of Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras illegally in the United States. Amongst the group was two unaccompanied children (UACs). All subjects were transported to the Rio Grande City Border Patrol station for processing.
This morning, RGV Border Patrol agents observed a white Chevrolet utility truck travelling northbound on U.S. Highway 281 south of Encino, Texas. Agents activated the emergency equipment of their marked service vehicle and attempted to conduct a traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle pulled over, came to a complete stop, then immediately sped off. Agents followed the vehicle until the driver and passenger abruptly pulled over, absconding into the thick brush in Encino, Texas. Agents located and apprehend the passenger and discovered 12 subjects in the rear cargo area of the utility truck. The 13 illegal aliens are from Mexico and Guatemala. Two of those encountered were UACs. The subjects and the vehicle were transported to the Falfurrias Border Patrol Checkpoint and processed accordingly.
Even with the spread of the COVID-19 virus, human smugglers continue to try these brazen attempts with zero regard for the lives they endanger nor to the health of the citizens of our great nation. The U.S. Border Patrol agents of the Rio Grande Valley Sector will continue to safeguard the nation and community against these criminal elements.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- U.S. Army soldiers rescue two from drowing in Rio Grande crossing borderLAREDO, Texas – Working together, Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents and U.S. Army soldiers assigned in support of U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- 11-year-old immigrant boy rescued after losing consciousness in Arizona desert after crossing borderYUMA, Ariz. – Wellton Border Patrol agents intercepted a group of five migrants in the desert Tuesday morning and found themselves in the
- Two Human Traffickers Heading to prison after leaving Illegal aliens in 100 degree trailerLAREDO, TEXAS – A 28-year-old Laredoan has been ordered to federal prison for conspiring to transport illegal aliens, announced Acting U.S. Attorney
- Border patrol agents stop one million dollars in meth, cocaine and prescription pillsLAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) officers intercepted hard narcotics with an estimated street value of
- 2,000 pounds of cocaine intercepted from the Dominican RepublicAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico—Air and Marine Operations (AMO) marine units intercepted Saturday a 25-foot “yola” type vessel in which three men from the