A vacation to Hawaii ended tragically for three New Jersey area friends visiting the Big Island last month. Benjamin Fleming has been charged with manslaughter for the death of Abhishek Gupta. Alexander Germany-Wald, of Montclair, testified that Gupta became “psychotically” drunk inside their rental after being asked to leave a bar. Fleming had to restrain Gupta, who subsequently stopped breathing and died. The three men attended Carnegie Mellon University together and graduated in 2020.
Germany-Wald said Gupta got violent and started a fight with him after being upset that their night ended abruptly at the bar. Fleming, a soldier in the U.S. Army came into the room and restrained Gupta. Judge Cynthia Tai refused a request to be released and upheld a $250,000 bail amount.
- Here’s what else is happening in New Jersey: Get the latest news from New Jersey on our New Jersey News page. You can also check out our Jersey Shore News page for the latest news from the Jersey Shore.
- One person shot at Neptune WalmartThe Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office today reported one person has been shot at the Walmart center on Route 66 in Neptune Township.
- Greg McGuckin loses another critical lawsuit for Jackson Township, Eruv, Dorm bans ruled unconstitutionalJACKSON, NJ – Pay to play patronage pig and attorney Gregory P. McGuckin has lost another case for Jackson Township. Perhaps it’s
- Female cop fired, another suspended over Facebook post, like against Black Lives MatterTwo Hopewell police officers are in serious career trouble after one made a post condemning Black Lives Matter and the other had
- Essex County drug trafficker gets 5 years in prisonNEWARK, N.J. – An Essex County, New Jersey, man was sentenced today to 60 months in prison for possessing a handgun in
- Union County Man Admits Receipt of Child PornographyNEWARK, N.J. – A Union County, New Jersey, man today admitted receiving images of child sexual abuse, Acting U.S. Attorney Rachael A.