Oakland, CA – If anyone in Major League Baseball got screwed more than the city of Atlanta in April, it’s the Oakland A’s. The Oakland A’s look absolutely horrible if you look at the standings. After all, they’re 1-7 and off to a really bad start.
But the A’s also have a tough schedule. They got double-teamed by two of the best teams in baseball to start the season. They opened their season at home against the Houston Astros. Then they hosted the Los Angeles Dodgers only to travel to Houston to play the Astros again.
Somewhere in that gauntlet of Clayton Kershaw, Trevor Bauer, Cristian Javier and Zack Greinke, they managed to beat Trevor Bauer and the Dodgers Wednesday 4-3. Despite Bauer striking out 10 times against Bauer and being out-hit 8 to 5, they used pretty much their entire bullpen to win in the 10th inning, aided by the new international tie breaker rule.
The very next day, they lost 6-2 to the Astros. They play two more in Houston before playing the equally bad Diamondbacks in Arizona.
- Football world lashes out at youth football coaches after disturbing drill goes viralIt’s a normal drill that takes place at the youth, high school and collegiate level, but maybe these tots are a bit
- Todd Frazier goes to war with small market Pittsburgh talk radio trollToms River’s hometown hero, Major League Baseball player Todd Frazier has gone to war. The veteran third baseman was designated for assignment
- Fully vaccinated New York Yankees coach tests positive for COVID-19The New York Yankees as a team now have an 85% vaccination rate, allowing the team to shed their facemasks in the
- Trump called Kentucky Derby winning horse a “junky” after failing post-race drug testOn Sunday, it was announced Medina Spirit, the horse that won this year’s Kentucky Derby had failed a post-race drug test. Now,
- White Kansas baseball coach tells black player “We don’t play that n-word music here”Olathe North High School baseball coach Dave Flood has been placed on administrative leave after he told one of his black students