CHULA VISTA, Calif. — Thursday morning, U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested the leader of a human smuggling organization. The 43-year-old male Mexican national had become a top target for San Diego Sector (SDC) after several investigations indicated he orchestrated smuggling events throughout San Diego County.
On Thursday, USBP Intelligence agents (as part of an ongoing investigation) were conducting surveillance activities near a motel in Chula Vista, Calif. At 6:15 a.m., they observed two men, and soon thereafter, a third man, exit a motel room and enter a Chevrolet Suburban SUV that was affiliated with their targeted individual. Agents identified the third man as their target, one of SDC’s most wanted smugglers.
Agents followed the Suburban as it left the motel parking lot and quickly conducted a vehicle stop. After questioning the people inside, they arrested the targeted individual and five Mexican nationals. All of which were illegally present in the U.S.
Further investigation from this arrest led to the apprehension of two additional co-conspirators at the motel. Agents determined that both are Mexican nationals illegally present in the U.S.
Of the eight undocumented aliens apprehended in this event, three are being held in federal custody and face criminal human smuggling charges. The other five were taken to a nearby Border Patrol station for processing.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- U.S. Army soldiers rescue two from drowing in Rio Grande crossing borderLAREDO, Texas – Working together, Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents and U.S. Army soldiers assigned in support of U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- 11-year-old immigrant boy rescued after losing consciousness in Arizona desert after crossing borderYUMA, Ariz. – Wellton Border Patrol agents intercepted a group of five migrants in the desert Tuesday morning and found themselves in the
- Two Human Traffickers Heading to prison after leaving Illegal aliens in 100 degree trailerLAREDO, TEXAS – A 28-year-old Laredoan has been ordered to federal prison for conspiring to transport illegal aliens, announced Acting U.S. Attorney
- Border patrol agents stop one million dollars in meth, cocaine and prescription pillsLAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) officers intercepted hard narcotics with an estimated street value of
- 2,000 pounds of cocaine intercepted from the Dominican RepublicAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico—Air and Marine Operations (AMO) marine units intercepted Saturday a 25-foot “yola” type vessel in which three men from the