SALTON CITY, Calif. – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the El Centro Sector arrested an MS-13 gang member Thursday afternoon.
The incident occurred at approximately 3:45 p.m., when an agent assigned to the Indio Station performed a vehicle stop on a 2005 Honda Odyssey near the intersection of Spa Road and Hot Mineral Spa Road. The agent performed an immigration inspection on both driver and passenger of the vehicle. The driver stated he was a U.S. citizen and presented a valid passport. The passenger stated that he was a citizen of El Salvador and admitted to being illegally present in the United States. The driver was arrested and transported to the Highway 111 immigration checkpoint for further processing. The passenger was arrested and transported to the El Centro Station Centralized Processing Center for immigration and criminal history screening.
The driver was booked for 8 USC 1324 alien smuggling and released. The vehicle was seized by El Centro Sector.
The passenger, a 33-year-old man, is a self-admitted MS-13 gang member. The gang member is being held in federal custody pending removal back to El Salvador.
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. For all news, information, and updates, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @USBPChiefELC.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- Illegal alien smugglers caught with 462 pounds of cocaine in Puerto RicoAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico – US Border Patrol and the Puerto Rico Police Bureau interdicted Thursday morning a vessel, in which four men from
- Couple caught smuggling 13 pounds of heroin at border crossingPINE VALLEY, Calif. — U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested two U.S. citizens on Tuesday who were transporting nearly 13 pounds of heroin in
- National Guard soldier finds stolen weapons cache near Mexico borderEAGLE PASS, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to Eagle Pass South Station seized an abandoned bag containing firearms near Eagle Pass, May 5.
- Meth shipments intercepted at U.S. border crossingCALEXICO, Calif. – El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents seized multiple kettlebell narcotics packages in two separate events. The first event occurred Wednesday, at
- Biden propaganda machine caught red handed in DHS release claiming child detention camps empty…they’re notThe Biden Administration was caught red handed on Tuesday flat out lying about the current situation at the Donna, Texas child migrant